Do you find that your Android phone is running slow and laggy all the time? If so, don’t worry; we’re going to show you how to increase RAM on Android phone. This will help speed up your device and make it more responsive. As your phone gets older, it accumulates a lot more bloatware and unnecessary programs. Another explanation for the downturn is that these applications have persistent background applications running even when you’re not using them.
Your phone slows down, stutters, and eventually shuts down. When this happens, it usually indicates that your RAM Space is insufficient. A microSD card may be used to increase RAM on Android phones, but you must have a rooted phone. The second method is to optimize the device. Optimizing your phone might also help it run better. Otherwise, you may improve its functionality by optimizing it. I’ll teach you how.
What Ram Function on Android Phone
Random Access Memory, commonly abbreviated RAM, is a type of computer memory that stores information in the same way that RAM does on computers.
RAM is a critical component of the Android device that controls how well your phone functions. It is responsible for running different apps and programs, multitasking, and loading big files. The more RAM memory you have, the better your device performs.
Difference between RAM and ROM
Flash memory card for an Android phone comes in two types: ROM and RAM. ROM is the software that comes with the phone and cannot be changed. This can prevent phones from running properly because they are overworked to find sufficient space for additional software. It also helps keep battery life at a maximum by preventing situations where the screen or function would stay on unnecessarily when not needed. The other type of flashcard is ram which stores information temporarily. This ram card is what allows your phone to run quickly and smoothly since the information it contains can be cleared when not in use.
Using a micro SD card to increase RAM on Android phones (Rooted Devices Only)
This technique is free and works on rooted Android phones and devices; however, there are some drawbacks.
Make a checklist of everything you’ll need before I go on:
- A 4 GB or higher SD Card – I strongly suggest using a class 6 or 10 Sd card since the faster the Sd card memory, the better
- If your device isn’t rooted and you’re not sure what root is or how to do it, this article on The easiest way to Root any Android device without a PC
- RAM storage Expander (Swap): This is a paid app on the Google Play Store, and it’s well worth the money. All of this should help you get started.
Let’s go ahead if you’re ready.
1 Step- Check if your Android phone or tablet supports swapping
It’s critical to verify if your Android phone or device supports swapping. To do so, you may use the “MemoryInfo & Swap file Check” App.
Download Now from Google Play Store
2 step -Micro SD card Partition
The micro SD card will be used as a secondary memory storage device. You’ll need an app or a tool to split the card. The Mini Tool Partition Wizard is a good option for this.
To get started, insert your micro SD card into the card reader and connect it to your PC. You may then create partitions on the card from there
You can now create partitions by right-clicking on the SD card. Select primary partition for a card with more than 4GB. Before formatting, make sure that you have a FAT32 partition. For the next partition, set aside at least 1GB of space. After that, click ok
Make a partition. Again, right-click it to create a partition. Select the primary partition. So, make a new partition and an altered file system. Make it EXT2, EXT3, or EXT4 rather than FAT32 instead.
Then, to finish the partition, click “Apply all changes.”
3rd Step- Connect your micro SD card to your Android device
After you’ve divided your micro SD Card, the next step is to connect it to your rooted Android smartphones or device. You’ll need to download Link2SD
Once you’ve downloaded the program, open it and grant root access. Select the “.ext” file partition and connect your Android device to the micro SD
4th Step- Increase RAM on Android phone
The last step is to download another App. This time, it’s all about the root swapper. Download (Root) Swapper and choose the amount of increase you require. This will generate an a.swp file, which will expand the amount of RAM on your phone. This app is for Root Swapper SWAP memory usage and modifying secondary storage space.
Ways to Maximize your phone’s performance (rooted and unrooted devices)
Whether your phone is rooted or not, there are ways to increase its performance. Some of these include disabling applications you rarely use, deleting old text messages that are no longer needed, keeping your device up-to-date with the latest operating system, and regularly clearing the cache. There are also some apps you can download for free in the Android Play Store that will not only optimize your CPU but they will also help prevent battery life issues.
The Smart Booster is an easy-to-use app that can help you enhance the performance of your device and speed up its RAM without root access. Smart Booster is a lightweight third-party App with decent results.
1 Step- Download and install Smart Booster
The most appealing element of this app is a small, configurable widget that may be overlaid on top of any app and instantly improves RAM. Android devices, on the other hand, are often equipped with a small amount of RAM. Android’s task manager will limit low-priority tasks to prevent memory from being used for higher-priority tasks & activities. That isn’t always done at the right moment, resulting in sluggish apps, slowness, and especially when you launch a new app after extensively surfing web pages. It makes things worse.
2 Step- Adjust the boost level
The app comes with four auto-boost level options, which are determined by how much you want your device to speed up. They are as follows:
- Aggressive level Boost -This level is extremely aggressive, which means it efficiently destroys most low-priority applications.
- Strong- It’s more important than ever to clear out your phone of all the apps you don’t need or use. This includes those that have been set as “low-priority” and others who are considered “slightly below average.”
- Medium- This disables apps that use excessively high amounts of memory.
- Gentle – This will only remove applications that use a lot of RAM.
Choose the aggressive level if you want to greatly enhance your phone’s performance. However, this will also terminate most of the apps that you run through.
3rd Step- Use the advanced Application manager for more control
You’ll be able to manage your applications appropriately with this functionality. You may use this to turn off system applications, hibernate seldom-used apps, suggest which apps to move to your SD card, effortlessly backup or uninstall programs, manage .apk files, and scan auto-start applications.
4th Step- Increase RAM on Android Manually
To manually boost RAM on Android phone devices, choose “Boost Now” or the “Boost” button on your notification bar. This will remove unused programs and boost the performance of your device.
A one-touch cache cleaner and a fast SD card clean are among the app’s other features.
How to Optimize your Phone RAM
Android phones are designed to run smoothly and efficiently until they start to run out of ram. If you find your phone is running slow, there are some steps you can take to increase the RAM on your phone.
- First, go to settings and find where it says “apps”. Once there, scroll down or search for ram manager by first clicking the “more” tab at the top of the screen. It should be one of the alternatives. Click ram manager and then select “boost ram now”. Your android will then optimize ram usage.
- This process will work for boosting ram on Android devices that are rooted or phone without root, but it’s easier if your device is rooted because then you can remove unnecessary apps that may cause a ram problem.
- After removing apps, you can also try using a ram booster or ram manager app to boost your phone’s ram on its own. Installing an app like this will be different for every device and it might not always work as well as the manual method above. Try searching “ram booster” in Google Play Store and see what comes up first that fits into your price range/requirements of usage etc. You may have to pay money or spend some time looking through various features before finding one that works for you!
Hopefully, these tips help increase RAM on Android devices either rooted or non-rooted devices, any amount of free ram helps make a device run faster after all! A new version of android is released every year, so ram management is important to keep up with the times.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find out how much RAM my Android phone has?
There are a few different ways to figure out how much RAM your Android device is using.
- The first is by heading into settings and scrolling all the way down until you find “Memory (Available),” where it will update you on the RAM usage.
- The second option would be to go straight to your battery stats and scroll through the first few entries until you reach “Device Memory” and it should show you your ram usage percentage.
- The third option would be to swipe down twice from the top of the screen and observe the ram used in that area.
- The fourth option would be to install a ram usage app that will show you the ram size being used in real-time.
How much RAM does the Android system utilize?
The Android operating system might consume up to 1GB of RAM on its own, resulting in a sluggish overall experience. On simple operations like the app drawer, loading times will take longer and feel unresponsive.
If you’re looking to increase the amount of memory on your Android device, there are a variety of apps that will help with this process. There is no shortage of options for people who want to get more RAM on their phones or tablets. Above, we discussed some popular choices and provide information about what they offer so that you can make an informed decision when it comes time to download one. What kind of app have you used? Please share your comments below.