Many people use their smartphones to log on to Facebook. The Facebook Touch app is a terrific choice if you’re one of the 81.8 percent of people who prefer to use their mobile devices. In addition to being simple to use, this method consumes fewer data.
Despite Facebook’s statistics showing that its standard application is still one of the most popular, it is still a viable option to try out. Facebook is used more than once a day by 30% of internet users. As a result, Facebook is constantly introducing new features to streamline the user experience for everyone.
Facebook created Facebook Touch in 2009 to take advantage of this shift, which began with the widespread availability of smartphones in 2007. In this post, we’ll go over the essentials, such as what it does, how to get it, and how to get started.
What is “Facebook Touch”?
Apps like Facebook Touch include a variety of unique features. It was built by H5 applications as a touchscreen-optimized software. Facebook Touch, a slick user interface and an alternative to the standard Facebook App are accessible and usable on all devices.
The primary distinction between the Facebook App and Facebook Touch is the quality of the visuals and the ease of usage. It’s speedier than the earlier model, as well. Even if your internet connection is poor, you can still use Facebook Touch.
For the most part, Facebook Touch is a high-end Facebook software for touchscreen phones. A variety of useful functions and an easy-to-use UI are included.
Facebook Touch vs. Facebook App: What’s the Difference?
- On a browser, the URL will be http://m.facebook.com when you open the social network. If you want to access Facebook Touch, the URL is http://touch.facebook.com instead.
- Facebook Touch has sharper screens and better-quality photos. The usual Facebook website has less information and lower-quality photos than other social media platforms.
- Designed for smartphones, Facebook Touch has a better user experience and consumes less bandwidth.
- Compared to the standard Facebook app, Facebook Touch has extra surface features. Using Facebook on a smartphone result in a lower-resolution experience than Facebook Touch, which was created specifically for a mobile device.
- The user experience has improved significantly. As a result, you can expect a smooth user experience.
How to Install Facebook Touch on Smartphone
Getting Facebook Touch through your phone’s Play Store or App Store is a bad idea. Searching for “Facebook Touch” returns just the “Facebook App in the Android Play Store or App Store.”
To install Facebook Touch, you will need to download an APK file. Log in to your account to enjoy the improved image quality and redesigned user experience after downloading the app. The APK file for Facebook Touch may be downloaded by executing the following steps:
Make a Change to the Authorizations
To begin installing Facebook Touch, you must first modify your device’s authorization settings. Unknown senders should be allowed to install apps on your smartphone.
Find Facebook Touch in a browser.
“Download Facebook Touch” into the search box or wherever you normally input the site URL.
Right APK Files should be selected.
Make a selection from among the APKs that display and select the one that satisfies all of the requirements.
Download the File
Hit the download button once you’ve chosen the proper file to download. Try to keep your phone linked to WiFi to save mobile data.
Get Facebook Touch App
After downloading the APK file, you may install it. To install, click the “Install” button.
Open the App
Enjoy all the distinct features of Facebook Touch by simply launching the app and signing in with your credentials.
Facebook Touch New Features
So, what exactly made Touch so special? That’s a cinch to do. It’s simply a better and upgraded version of the Facebook website (www.facebook.com) and the Facebook app for mobile devices (iOS and Android).
There are, of course, reasons why Touch is superior to a standard mobile or non-mobile website for touchscreen users. These are the reasons why:
Improved User Interface
Like the mobile website and the Facebook applications, Touch’s interface is optimized for touchscreen use in much the same way. A clean and simple design ensures there aren’t any unnecessary features like large buttons or cut-off images. If you remove the regular menu and button ribbons on your phone, Facebook Touch may cover your entire screen.
Improved Loading Speeds
With Facebook Touch, you don’t have to worry about a slow Internet connection because you don’t have to use the mobile website or apps. H5’s touchscreen optimization means that images, videos, and other media will load into your browser faster, but they will also consume less data because of Touch touchscreen optimization.
Improvements in the quality of media
Additionally, Facebook Touch can load better media than the mobile website. Better-quality versions of videos, photos, and other material will be available through Touch instead of the grainy and pixelated mess you’re used to. The only thing to keep in mind is that it can’t increase material quality over what was initially uploaded.
Reduced Memory and Battery Consumption
As a web page-based service, Facebook Touch will run on any Internet browser on your smartphone. As a result, it can be used with any web browser, including Google Chrome, which comes pre-installed on Android device, or the secure Avast Secure Browser.
For those who don’t want to worry about their apps using up too much RAM, memory, or battery life, FB Touch is a better option than many other Facebook apps.
Drawbacks of Facebook Touch
Facebook Touch is a significant step forward from the standard Facebook experience, but it is not without its drawbacks. Let’s take a closer look at these:
- Some people may not be able to tell the difference between standard Facebook and Facebook Touch. People who are used to Facebook’s standard interface may have difficulty adapting to the new one.
- Facebook Touch has now been superseded by other touch-enabled versions from the brand, which are likely to be superior.
- There may be a problem with the desktop version of Facebook Touch compared to the standard Facebook app.
- The software is not available on the iOS Store or Google Play and requires a third-party App download. There is always a risk of malware when you download programs from other sources. It also requires that you share your Facebook login information with this app.
Facebook Touch Notifications: How can I disable them?
Constant alerts are a turn-off for many people. Distracting notifications go up when someone “likes” or “reacts” to your post. However, there is good news: turning off alerts is a simple process. The following are the steps to follow:
- Open your phone’s “Settings” menu.
- Take a look at “Apps.” and click
- Click on the “Notifications” option in the drop-down menu and choose Facebook Touch.
- Turn off all alerts.
Personal Information and Privacy Settings
When accessing your account information and privacy settings, Facebook Touch is more straightforward than the standard Facebook app. Here’s what you need to do to get this information:
- Use your smartphone’s Facebook Touch app to sign in to your account.
- You may access your Facebook account by entering your username, phone number, and password.
- Click on the three lines in the upper right-hand corner on the main page.
- Click on “Settings” at the bottom of the “Help and Settings” section.
- Your account information, preferences, permissions, and visibility may be modified here.
Using Facebook Touch to Send Messages
On FB Touch, you must use the Messenger app to send direct messages. You’ll have to go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to get the Facebook Messenger app.
Managing social media interactions, it’s a valuable tool (specifically customer conversations but a little bit more about that later). Besides one-on-one talks, you can also utilize it to communicate with a group. In addition, emoticons and stickers may be used to make the conversation light and fun.
WhatsApp-like advanced features will allow you to monitor your conversation partner’s typing. You’ll be notified as soon as the message has been delivered.
Messages may be searched for specific terms, groups, or persons using Messenger’s search function. If you aren’t friends with someone, you can see their message requests even if you don’t want to, which is beneficial for business purposes.
Using Facebook Messenger to communicate with customers is a great way to keep in touch. Your customers may use it to ask you questions about your products and services, place purchases, and receive post-sale customer assistance from you. If you’re using social commerce and selling on Facebook, you need to download and install the Messenger app.
Extra Facebook Features with Facebook Touch.
FB Touch provides quick access to many other Facebook functions. It centralizes Facebook’s multiple domains for convenient access.
Most Facebook functions are accessed by tapping the three dots in the top right corner of the screen. Because the Facebook Touch user interface unifies most Facebook action points in one area.
The new Tab would contain the following:
- Your profile photo This will take you to your profile page.
- Tab Suggested — This Tab contains ideas for groups, markets, and pages on Facebook.
- Tab Favourites – Here, you may access watch, most recent messages, discover friends, etc.
- Groups – Here, you can view all of your groups.
- Apps — This page displays all of Facebook’s enabled apps.
- Pages – You may create a new page or create an advertisement here.
- Help center & settings, safety, terms and regulations, and logging out of Facebook are all accessible from this Tab.
Who Can Use Facebook Touch?
While everyone may use FB Touch, those without an iOS or Android smartphone are encouraged. Alternatively, if you’re having trouble using regular smartphone applications due to accessibility concerns, this solution may help.
Nonetheless, it’s an excellent option to consider if you frequently need to access Facebook on the road. Also, it works perfectly with sluggish internet, it eliminates the need to utilize mobile users’ data when you don’t have access to fast internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does FB Touch allow me to perform a Privacy Checkup?
Yes. Check your privacy settings on Facebook Touch by selecting “Settings and Privacy” under “Help and Settings” from the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Right beneath the “Account” tab, you’ll discover the Privacy Checkup feature.
How do I update my FB Touch profile picture?
FB Touch allows you to alter or upload a new profile image by tapping on the existing one and selecting “Edit Profile Picture.” You may choose a new profile image on this page.
How can I keep track of my FB Touch activity?
Go to the “Settings & Privacy” page in Facebook Touch and click on the “Activity Log” option. Your activities for the current month and the prior month are readily available for review.
On FB Touch, what is the homepage like?
The Facebook stories would be displayed first on the Facebook Touch home screen, followed by postings from the organizations and individuals you are following. Ads suggested pages and suggested friends will also appear in between.
Is FB Touch better than the standard version when it comes to desktop?
No. To get the most out of FB Touch, it’s recommended that you only use it on mobile devices. It can be accessed on a computer, but it will appear the same on a smartphone. Instead, you should access Facebook on your desktop computer.
Can I use FB Touch to send messages?
Direct messages can only be exchanged using the Messenger app, which may be downloaded from either the Google Play Store or App Store. With the Messenger app, you can search your conversations for specific terms or groups or individuals, read message requests and send stickers.
We can’t think of why we’d instead use the less-optimized mobile page than the more-optimized Facebook Touch page on smartphones. Even if you don’t want to use the Facebook app or if your phone doesn’t support it, this is a good option for you. You should only utilize Touch if the app malfunctions if you already have it loaded and don’t mind the additional system burden it adds.