It’s easy to use Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family. However, if you have ever deleted your messages from Facebook Messenger by accident, then there’s no need to panic! This article will show how to recover deleted messages on Facebook messenger so that you can get back the lost chat history with all of your friends.
A missed communication could be aggravating if you know it will be difficult to find it again. Advanced data recovery solutions have made this a thing of the past. This article is for you if you’ve just lost some essential Facebook chats and are wondering how to get them back.
Here, we’ll show you how to locate and retrieve deleted Facebook Messenger conversations on Android. It has a few built-in features and simple methods that allow you to find all lost messages on your Android device and restore them right away.
We’ve also mentioned how the best data recovery software can help recover these deleted messages. So, without further ado, let’s look at some of these successful strategies and methods for retrieving meaningful facebook messenger conversations on Android.
For up to 90 days, Facebook keeps all of your deleted data. If you try retrieving messages after this period, the chances of recovering deleted communications are relatively poor. You may always go to Messenger Help Center for further assistance.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
This is the first and most crucial step in retrieving deleted messages on Messenger.
- Go to Settings & Privacy by clicking on your name in the top right corner of Facebook. Click on the drop-down menu that says “Download Your Facebook Information” to get started.
- Check out the data you want to download, then Messages, and hit Create File.
- Click on the Download button to recover lost/deleted messages once they’ve been processed.
Ways to Recover Deleted Facebook Messenger Chats that have been permanently deleted
Here are some simple techniques to recover deleted Messenger chats one by one to see which method works best for you:
1. How Do You Unarchive Messages To Find and Recover Deleted Chats?
Messages that you archived aren’t consigned to oblivion; instead, they’re still there in your recent conversations area. So, be sure to look in the Archive Message Folder because it’s likely you haven’t deleted the FB messages.
Follow the instructions to retrieve and view deleted Facebook Messenger messages on Android/iPhone:
- On your device, open the Facebook Messenger app. Make sure you’re logged in!
- Go to the search bar and search for any discussion you believe you deleted.
- Unarchive the whole conversation by sending another message to the recipient, which will reveal the wanted chat. This is how to recover deleted messages on Messenger.
How to Unarchive Messages on a Desktop Computer and Recover Deleted Chats
On your PC, open Facebook Messenger. Go to the Messages Tab and then click the gear icon and select “Archived Threads” from the drop-down menu to view all archived messages conversations. This will show all of the messages that were considered deleted, making it one among several methods for seeing deleted messages on Messenger.
2. On a computer, how do you recover deleted Facebook messages?
Facebook understands that users may inadvertently delete messages or files. As a result, they directly allow users to recover accidentally erased communications from their settings. To begin recovering your entire conversation list, follow the simple quick steps:
- Go to Facebook and log in, then go to ‘Settings & Privacy.’
- Go to the ‘Your Facebook Information’ section from the left panel and then choose Save. Select the ‘Your Facebook Information’ option from the left column > click on the ‘Download your information’ button from the General Account Settings page.
- You’ll be sent to the next page, where you may download everything there is to know about your Facebook account. It includes every activity you’ve done on your Account since you first joined.
If you wish to preserve space, you must first deselect all options. Your data will be more efficient as a result.
- Select the checkbox next to Messages, then select ‘Download’ from the drop-down menu. Please scroll down and pick it by checking in front of Messages. After that, choose ‘Generate File’ from the dropdown menu.
- A small pop-up notification will show on your screen after clicking the Create File button, informing you about the file processing and informing you via Facebook notification when it is done.
- You can now download the application by clicking on the corresponding button. Facebook will send a download link or confirmation email to your linked email address. The Facebook Download, Your Information Page, will lead you to a page asking you to enter your password for security reasons.
- To complete the installation, click the ‘Download’ option.
Unzip the File and look for the ‘Index’ file, which contains all of your Facebook data. Choose “Messages,” and you’ll be able to see all of your deleted Facebook messages. And that is how to retrieve erased chat messages using the second technique.
3. Using File Explorer to Recover Facebook Messenger Messages on Android
Because Facebook Messenger is designed to be used exclusively online, it keeps the second copy of your data on your Android device storage space. This implies that looking for erased conversations in your File Management App is a simple approach to recover deleted messages on Messenger.
- Open the File Explorer and go to the Storage/SD Card folder on your device.
- Open the folder named “Android” inside your Android system. It contains all of the data-related applications for Android.
- In the Android folder, look for the Data folder; then the Cache files folder is where you’ll find fb_temp.
It’s where you’ll find the last backup file for each App. So, FB Messenger may store your messages in the folder, allowing you to retrieve them.
4. You can completely restore deleted Facebook messages on an Android device by using a PC.
Is it difficult to recover deleted Facebook messages using the procedure given above? You might look for another approach by connecting your phone’s internal memory to your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable and look for your device.
- Go to settings and go to ‘SD Card or Internal Storage’ Select ‘Android’> ‘Data’ Look for a folder named “com.facebook.orca” with your phone’s language set to English.
- In the “com.facebook.orca” folder, look for ‘cache’> fb_temp > Open the Facebook messages with backups in the folder and search for your messages there.
Recover Deleted Messages on Facebook Messenger From Your Computer! This is not one of the easiest ways to recover deleted messages on Messenger that we mentioned, but if you are a technical person, you can surely do this.
5. Use a third-party app to recover formerly deleted Facebook messages.
The simplest approach to recover lost Facebook messages is to use a third-party data recovery tool. These applications, which utilize complex algorithms, allow you to quickly recover all sorts of files and data. These applications work automatically to save you time and require less effort on your part. The following are some of the valuable characteristics these programs have:
- The Third-party software supports recovering all sorts of deleted and lost data. Plus, it should assist you in recovering deleted text messages, photographs, videos, documents, and other file types.
- Allows you to preview before recovering data. The tool allows you to have more say in your data by picking and choosing which files to keep or delete.
- The App should be compatible with a wide range of devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and more.
- The App should be simple and provide a smooth user experience while employing Advance solutions.
Conclusion: Now that you know how to recover deleted messages on Facebook messenger, take the time to make sure your message history is always up-to-date. This will ensure any conversations are saved and not lost forever if someone accidentally deletes a conversation thread or group chat. If there’s anything else we can do for you, let us know! We’re happy to help with any questions about this process too. As long as people use Facebook Messenger, it’s important they understand how their data is stored and what information is publically accessible by default.