Why Cant I Post on Instagram > How To Fix It
Instagram is a popular social media platform that is used by over 800 million people every day. It has evolved into more than just a photo-sharing app; it can also be used to share videos and text posts. Although Instagram can be an enjoyable place for many, there are some problems that you might come across when using the app. One of these issues is why cant I post on Instagram or why Instagram doesn’t let me post my pictures? This problem might have a variety of causes, but the solutions are typically comparable to those for other major Instagram issues.
As I’ve previously said, finding the actual reason behind a problem is always critical. It’s tough to deal with this issue if you don’t know why it occurred in the first place. If you can identify the source of the problem, you’ll be able to apply the appropriate solution and keep Instagram postings going.
When you’re trying to share photos and videos on Instagram but they aren’t showing up, it may signify that something is wrong. Facing this problem might induce panic, yet this post is intended to assist you in locating the best solution. The job becomes more straightforward in the future as soon as you understand how to fix “Instagram inhibits posting photographs and videos.”
Why can’t I publish photos and videos on Instagram?
- Insta has detected that you are repeatedly clicking on the button to post, which can indicate it’s being spammed.
- Your Account might not be connected with your mobile number, this might be the one reason why cant I post on Instagram.
- The content of your post might violate Instagram’s community guideline. It can be anything from nudity to inciting violence.
- When trying to post a Live Video, you can’t go live yet. You need more than 300 people who follow you on Instagram and be at least 18 years old.
- Try making sure that your Internet connection is strong enough for video posts or uploads. Poor internet connection will stop you from video upload.
- If you’re using the Instagram mobile app, make sure it is updated to its latest version.
- You can also try turning off your phone’s cellular data and Wi-Fi connectivity for a few minutes, then go back to the post button on Instagram and see if it works now.
- If you can’t post anything on Instagram and it won’t let you log in, try to reset your password.
- Login into Instagram and go to settings > “Reset Password” and type in a new password that’s not the same as other passwords that you use for any of your online accounts.
- The maximum video files length that Instagram will allow is 60 seconds. For posts, the limit is 60 seconds; for IGTV uploads on the mobile app, 15 minutes; IGTV uploads on a computer, 60 minutes; and for Instagram stories, 15 seconds.
How To Fix Instagram Posting Error Message
The Instagram mobile app is a viral social platform. The app allows users to post photos and videos on their accounts, viewed by followers. Sometimes, the upload will fail when uploading content if it exceeds the 2GB file size limit. If this happens, there are a few workarounds that may fix the issue.
Restart your device
The most straightforward approach in this situation is to restart your phone. A simple reboot might cure software difficulties and the Instagram uploading problem.
Hold down the power button on an Android device until you see “Reboot” on-screen. Select “Restart Phone,” and follow the on-screen directions. The process may be somewhat different based on your phone’s model.
Press and hold the power button and home button simultaneously on an iPhone until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Hold down either of the volume keys and power buttons for about 3 seconds until it goes black and the Apple logo appears on an iPhone 11 or 12. Restarting your device might solve the error for why cant I post on Instagram.
Reduce File Size
When you try to upload a picture that you downloaded from your camera, this problem occurs frequently. Many individuals are unaware that Instagram has a limit on file sizes or image size.
When attempting to upload files filmed in 4K or UHD quality, this problem is not unusual. They may take longer to upload, but they sometimes won’t be uploaded at all.
Since the video is already in, you’ll need to work toward reducing it. Reduce the file’s size before uploading it to resolve the problem. For photos, the maximum resolution is 1936 x 1936 pixels.
For videos, the supported format is H.264 with the MP4 codec and a maximum resolution of 1080 pixels and a 3-60 second video length.
You can accomplish this with an app on your phone or manually on your computer before transferring the files to your mobile device.
Reset the Network Connection
As we’ve pointed out, one of the most common reasons Instagram doesn’t allow you to post photos and videos is that your connection is unstable or terrible.
If your network connection is slow, you should check whether it’s because of congestion. If the issue persists despite these steps, there might be a problem with your ISP or router. If this is the case, check to see if there is any interference on the line.
In case you are using Instagram on your PC while a router is limiting it, ensure that the connection between your PC and router is stable. Incorrect PSK for network SSID may be one of the most typical issues with routers.
If you’re on the phone, follow these steps:
- Check to see whether your phone’s internet connection is on or off. If it’s disabled, enable it.
- If the connection is already active, try to turn it off by pressing the flight mode button for a few seconds. It will flush and restart a new link.
- If you’re using Wi-Fi, reconnect to it and see if that helps.
- Additionally, you may switch your data off and on again.
After everything is completed, try uploading photographs/videos on Instagram again, as hopefully, it might give an answer to your query for why cant I post on Instagram.
Update and reinstall Instagram
Update your Instagram app to fix any problems you’re having and enhance the security of the software. Depending on your device type, you may upgrade the program from either the Play Store or App Store.
I prefer reinstalling the app rather than upgrading it. Flashes all of your phone’s data, lowering the risk of problems like Instagram won’t let me post.
Change the Data settings on Instagram
Instagram has data-saver settings that prevent you from releasing too many photos in a short period. Some of the bulk uploading capabilities are disabled to save your internet bandwidth.
Your data saver may be switched on if you can’t publish on Instagram. Though it has nothing to do with single file uploading, be aware of the possibility.
You may turn off the Instagram data saver by going to your Account’s mobile data settings. To increase your data usage limit, follow the instructions below.
- From the drop-down menu, go to your Instagram profile and select “settings.”
- Click on “Accounts” inside the settings menu.
- Find the option Cellular Data Use.
- The “Data saver” option should be switched off.
Clear The Cache Of Instagram App
When a user’s data caches are complete, they may not post on the Instagram app. Fortunately, this difficulty can be quickly resolved by deleting cache files from your device.
- Go to the Settings app on your device, then scroll down and tap on General.
- Go to iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down to discover Instagram. Select it.
- Click the Offload App option. Offloading an app removes it from your device but keeps all of its documents and data, unlike a standard uninstallation.
- Go to Settings and select Apps.
- Select the Manage Apps option from the drop-down menu.
- You may manually scroll down to look for the Instagram app or type ‘Instagram’ into the search bar. To get to the app’s settings, click it.
- Your phone’s operating system determines the final stage. Some systems will not require this, while others will. On the MIUI OS, for example, press Clear Data at the bottom of the screen. This may bring up a menu with two options: Clear Data and Cache Clear.
- To delete all temporary files data, including the faulty ones, that the Instagram app saved on your phone, click Clear App Cache.
Remove Third-Party Apps
Are you employing third-party tools to log in or publish on your Instagram account for you? It’s not unusual to hear about third-party apps doing something against Instagram’s terms of service or policies, which might result in you being unable to post on Instagram (which might stop you from following people on IG.)
You may check if any third-party Instagram apps are having trouble by uninstalling them and seeing if this cures Instagram problems with photos not showing up on your phone.
Free Up Storage Space On Your Phone
If your device storage is full, it’s a possibility. Some users had reported that they could not publish on Instagram when their storage space was already close to depletion. Remove any files you don’t need anymore to make some room.
Make Sure You’re Not Violating Instagram Rules
There are several rules regarding things on Instagram. In other words, you may not post specific photos or videos on Instagram. Instagram has several bots that can identify and prevent you from uploading prohibited material.
For example, nudity is regarded as provocative and is not permitted on the site. If you try to post it, your Account may be flagged and disabled for up to 24 hours if the site detects you doing so. You will not be permitted to add any photos to your Instagram accounts during this time.
The use of illegal drugs and alcoholic beverages and currency trading and gambling are also not allowed on Instagram. Other items not permitted on the site include personal information, such as photos with violence or gore in them. If your image depicts one of these themes, Instagram may be preventing you from posting it & then you will raise the query why cant i post on Instagram.
Find out if you’re restricted on Instagram
Is your account brand new? Instagram has implemented some limitations to make it more difficult for spammers to establish numerous new accounts to spam. The ability to post fresh pictures has been disabled.
If you’re not sure whether your Instagram software is working properly or your Account itself is the problem, try logging in from a different device. If you’re still having trouble uploading photos from a different device, your Account may have been suspended or restricted.
Users who have recently joined will occasionally get by these limitations by filling out their profiles, interacting with other people, and using the site for a while before attempting to upload a photo. If this still doesn’t work, you’ll have to wait it out.
Fixing The Instagram Not Posting Photo Issue
It’s time to get those best pictures online finally; now that you know what causes Instagram not to post photos, problems with the error “Instagram not posted yet try again. “Certainly, there are certain drawbacks to using Instagram. However, this is why it is such a fantastic tool! All you have to do now is experiment and see which solution works best for you. You should be able to post images or videos on Instagram again if you follow the instructions above. Please share your comments below for your query why cant I post on Instagram.