Instagram messages are a great way to stay in touch with friends and family, but how do you read them without being seen? It’s easier than you think! In this post, we will cover four easy steps that allow you to read your message notification without the recipient seeing – perfect for when they’re looking over your shoulder.
We all wish to read messages without marking them as reading receipts, especially while hectic at work or need time to respond. The best thing is that there are at least five ways to read WhatsApp message status without first seeing them. What about Instagram, in that case? Unlike WhatsApp, Instagram does not allow you to conceal read receipts.
Instagram’s “seen” remark appears as soon as one reads the message, which may be off-putting for some. Anyway, we still have a few ways to view Instagram DMs without having to mark them read. Here are four techniques to avoid seeing Instagram direct messages. Android and iPhone.
Read Instagram Messages without Being Seen.
There are several methods to verify Instagram DMs without using read receipts. You may either utilize Instagram’s restrict option, disable internet connection, or utilize third-party services. Read the procedures in detail below.
Read Instagram messages without being seen by Restricting.
Instagram has a feature that restricts users to prevent bullying. Instagram hides the comments of others on your photos and shifts their messages to the requests area when you restrict a person. Here’s how restricting works on Instagram.
Now, reading messages in requests does not show them as read. The other person has no way of knowing whether you’ve read their message or not. So to check Instagram direct messages without being seen, restrict the other person and then look in the requests area, as shown:
- On your phone, open Instagram.
- Click the profile of the person whose direct messages you wish to read, but don’t mark them as seen.
- In the upper right-hand corner, look for a three-dot menu icon.
- Select Restrict from the drop-down menu.
- Click here to confirm that you want to restrict access.
- Click the Message button on a person’s profile.
- You’ll be able to read all of your Instagram messages without letting the other person know.
Go to their profile and unblock them again. The messages will still not be labeled as seen, so you may take your time to respond.
To Hide Instagram Read receipts, turn off your WiFi and Data.
The simplest method is to read any Instagram message without marking it as seen. However, images and videos are not affected. Also, the messages will be labeled as read as soon as you return online.
- To make your phone offline, turn off its mobile data or WiFi connection.
- Now, go to Instagram’s direct messages page and read the message you’ve received.
- Users of Android phone can go to Settings > Apps > Instagram > Force Stop it so that it no longer runs in the background.
- You may now reconnect to Instagram, and the notification will not be marked as seen unless you open the Instagram app.
- Because as soon as you go online, the message will be marked read, I advise avoiding using your iPhone until you’re ready to deal with it.
Shutting Down the Internet Connection and Logging Out
This is simply a variation of the previous approach. It will, however, mark the message as seen if you go online or Instagram connects to the internet in the background by accident.. Here’s how it works:
- To make your phone offline, turn off its mobile data or WiFi connection. Now visit the direct messages area on Instagram. Read the message that has been delivered to you.
- Go to Instagram Settings, scroll down, and then tap Log Out.
- The Instagram app will be closed.
- You can now reconnect to the internet; the notification will not be marked as read.
Using Third-Party Services to read Instagram DMs Secretly
You may receive Instagram messages through a third-party app, which allows you to connect and read your communications without your opponent knowing. AirGrow enables you to read messages without sending read receipts, as well as allowing you to send your direct messages over email Address.
However, this approach is not our first choice since other techniques are quite simple. They also have certain privacy risks- only use them if you can trust these third-party services about your data.
You now know how to read Instagram messages without being seen, or at the very least how to “unsee” them after. If you want to inspect different Instagram data, use Instagram spy Apps. Check out our article and instructions for using these applications