Are you someone who chats on Whats-App day and night? If yes, you must be happy to know that Whats-App has finally released the much-awaited Dark Mode!
The app recently launched a dark mode feature for Android and iPhone devices. The dark mode is designed to reduce eye strain in low light and can help save battery life on devices with OLED screens. Here’s how to enable the dark mode on your Android device or iPhone.
Whats-App Dark Mode for Android
Whats-App has finally released the long-awaited dark mode for Android users. Here’s how to activate it.
- Open Whats-App and go to Settings.
- Second, tap Chats.
- Then, tap Theme.
- Fourth, select Dark.
- Then, toggle Enable Dark Mode on the pop-up window.
- Sixth, tap OK when prompted.
- Restart Whats-App for the changes to take effect.
- Finally, enjoy your new dark mode!
WhatsApp’s appearance may be adjusted to reflect the system-wide dark mode of your mobile device by selecting the; System default’ option.
Whats-App Dark Mode for iPhone
Whats-App dark mode for iPhone is a great new feature that allows you to change the app’s background color to black. This can help reduce eye strain and make it easier to read messages in low-light conditions. Here’s how to activate dark mode on your iPhone:
- Open the phone Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Display & Brightness.”
- Select “Dark” under Appearance.
- Restart your iPhone for the changes to take effect.
Once you’ve enabled Whats-App dark mode on your iPhone, you’ll notice that the app’s background color has changed to black. Those still using an older version of the iPhone can still use the Whats-App dark mode option. If you’re using an iPhone device with the latest version of Whats-App older than iOS 14, launch the app, go to “Settings,” and then hit “Chats.” To activate the dark mode, go to “Theme” and toggle it on.
Whats-App’s Dark mode on a Windows Desktop
If you’re a fan of a dark theme on your smartphone, you’ll be happy to know that Whats-App also has a dark mode for desktops named Whats-App web. Here’s how to enable it by following the simple steps.
- Open Whats-App on your desktop and click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Click the Theme tab.
- You will be given 3 choices, select Dark from the menu.
- Close the Settings window and enjoy your dark mode theme!
Additional Whats-App Battery-saving methods
There are several ways to ensure your Whats-App battery lasts as long as possible.
- First, you can enter the settings and adjust how often Whats-App checks for new messages. You can have it check for new messages every hour, every two hours, or even once a day. The less often it checks for new messages, the less battery it will use.
- Second, you can turn off background data usage for Whats-App. That way, whenever you’re not using the app, it won’t be running in the background and using up battery life.
- Third, you can turn off Whats-App’s auto-download feature. By default, Whats-App will automatically download images and videos people send you. But if you turn this setting off, it will only download images and videos when you’re in the app and choose to download them yourself.
- Fourth, If you’re not a fan of Whats-App’s default color scheme for dark mode, you may make some adjustments to suit your tastes. To change the wallpaper to something other than the app’s default light grey, go into the settings menu and pick “Chats,” then “Wallpaper,” and finally, “Solid color.” This will surely save the battery.
Whats-App claims its designers have tried their best to make the user interface more readable and easy to distinguish from one another.
In a post, the business explained that “while picking colors, we aimed to minimize eye strain and choose hues closer to the system settings on iPhone and Android” (opens in new tab).
“We want to make it simple for consumers to concentrate on the content of each screen. By strategically utilizing color and other design elements, we were able to draw attention to the most crucial parts of the document.”
In conclusion, WhatsApp’s dark mode is a great way to save battery life and reduce eye strain. The feature is available on Android and iPhone devices and is relatively easy to enable. If you’re looking for a way to improve your WhatsApp experience, dark mode is worth checking out.