How to go to YouTube Desktop Site Chrome?
I’m not sure if I’m the only one, but youtube is a little bit easier to browse and find what you’re looking for on their desktop site. It’s hard to use youtube on my phone because it doesn’t always fit in well with the size of my screen. But there is an easy way to view youtube desktop site on your phone or if you want to surf the youtube desktop site chrome?
The YouTube mobile app has come a long way in recent years. The majority of features accessible on your desktop or laptop computer are now available on smartphones. From comments to playlists, dark mode, and annotation, YouTube’s mobile site, as well as their mobile application, has improved dramatically.
There are times when the desktop site is necessary to get the most out of online video streaming. While mobile devices account for more than half of all internet usage, you’ll occasionally need to access the desktop version of YouTube to complete a chore. Here’s how to get the official YouTube app on your phone or tablet.
From your Android phone, access the YouTube Desktop Site
If you’re using an Android device, we’ll go through the steps for accessing the desktop site.
On Android, you can use Chrome
If you like using Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Type “YouTube.com” in the address bar of Chrome and press Enter. Selecting the first option that appears from a search engine rather than typing in the URL may cause your phone to open the mobile app, causing these instructions to be useless.
- Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- In the menu that opens, select Desktop site.
- When you click on this link, you will be taken to YouTube’s desktop site.
Using Firefox on Android
The steps for accessing the YouTube desktop site are nearly identical to those for accessing the Chrome browser. Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Open the Firefox mobile browser and access YouTube.com in the address bar and then press Enter.
- If you simply input “YouTube” and click the link that appears, your phone’s YouTube app may open, and you won’t have the option to access the desktop site.
- To enable the Desktop site, set it to on.
- You will be taken to YouTube’s desktop version when you open the app.
Switching to the Desktop version of Firefox is similarly simple, just like it is with Chrome.
Using Android’s built-in browser
Certain Android users may have a built-in browser. If you wish to use this browser, please follow these instructions: Android users have a built-in or standard internet browser. If you use these browser extensions, follow these steps:
- Activate the three horizontal bars in the lower right-hand corner by tapping on them.
- Then, select the Desktop browsers site from the left-hand menu.
- When you click on this link, you will be taken to YouTube’s desktop site.
- The desktop version of YouTube is now available on mobile devices.
Using Opera on Android
In addition to Firefox, Opera is another popular browser. Fortunately, the desktop version of YouTube may be seen by following these instructions:
- Opera can be used to access YouTube.com. For those who want to visit their desktop site through their mobile app, bear in mind that this may not be possible.
- Settings can be accessed by tapping the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Turn on the desktop site by flipping the switch.
- The Opera browser will launch the desktop version of YouTube automatically.
That’s all there is to it! You may now use your phone to access the desktop version of YouTube.
View your Watch History and Search History on Youtube
In the desktop version of YouTube, you may look through all of your watched films and search history.
- At the bottom of the screen, on the far right, select Library.
- Then, select history.
- After selecting your Watch or Search history, you may see it here.
Using Your Android Phone, You Can Access Any Desktop Website.
Any website you choose to visit can be tracked this way. Other mobile browsers may also make the same selection.
In Firefox, you choose the menu and then Request a Desktop Site.
In Opera, go to the menu, Settings, and User-Agent, then change from Mobile to Desktop.
If you’re using a different browser, there’s a good chance it has the same feature. They will most likely be comparable to Chrome since they are all based on Chromium.
Your iPhone may access the YouTube Desktop Site.
iPhones, like Android phones, come with a plethora of web browsers. You may easily access the full version of YouTube on your iPhone using Safari or Chrome.
Let’s review your options.
Using Safari on iPhone
To view YouTube in the desktop version if you like Apple’s default browser, do the following:
- Type in “YouTube.com” into Safari’s address bar and press Enter. Safari may ask if you want to use the app to open this website, but don’t let it bother you; the program doesn’t provide a desktop choice.
- Tap the Aa icon in the upper left corner of the address bar.
- To request a desktop version, tap the Request Desktop Website button.
- The desktop view will be presented to you by default in Safari.
As a result, following the preceding steps should make it much easier to get to the desktop version of the app when using Safari.
Using Firefox on iOS
Firefox is a little easier to use than Safari. This is how you can go to the desktop version of YouTube:
- Visit YouTube.com in Firefox.
- For more options, use the three dots menu in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- After that, click on Request Desktop Site.
- Like other browsers, the desktop version of YouTube will immediately switch to the desktop site.
View Any Desktop Site from your iPhone
You can repeat the above steps on almost any website you choose. You can also request the desktop version if you don’t use Safari and instead use Chrome for iOS or another browser.
- On your iPhone, open Chrome.
- In the upper right corner, select the three-dotted option.
- Select the Desktop site under Sites.
- Regular navigation should be sufficient.
Opera Mini, Dolphin, Firefox Focus, or any other smaller browser will behave the same way. All users will be able to access the desktop site using the same menu options.
The idea behind providing a mobile version of your website makes sense. They will be reduced and streamlined, burning fewer data and loading much more quickly. Smaller displays should also be taken into account when designing them.
If a website’s purpose doesn’t jeopardize the browsing experience, and if it provides mobile users as near to a desktop experience as feasible, all is well. That isn’t always the case, though. In YouTube’s situation, there isn’t enough screen area to recreate the desktop environment in such a manner that it satisfies Google. Users have other ideas about what could work better.
Conclusion: if you’re on the go and want to watch a YouTube video without having to pick up your phone, there are many ways for viewing youtube desktop mode. This article will show you how to view the YouTube desktop site on Phone or iPad by using different methods such as Chrome browser app, Safari web page, and Firefox browser add-ons. It also provides steps of accessing Youtube’s website from an Android device with Google Chrome Browser. These tips can be helpful when it comes time for watching music videos during meetings or while commuting on public transportation. I hope this post will help you find whichever way is best suited for your needs! Please share your comments pertaining to the youtube desktop site chrome.