In terms of web browsers, Google Chrome is among the most popular browser used. And while it does offer some pretty cool features like tab syncing across multiple computers, cross-device browsing, and even extensions, it doesn’t always provide the best experience for everyone. For example, it takes longer to load specific sites due to slow connections or outdated software. If you’re looking for ways to speed up your internet connection, here’s what you need to know: How to Update Google Chrome on Android, iPhone, or Computer?
Key Take Aways:
- On Windows and Linux, the default browser window updates automatically. Users need to restart Chrome to get the latest version.
- On Mac, update manually: open the App Store and check for updates.
- Automatic updates protect users by keeping them up-to-date with the latest security issues and fixes.
Update Google Chrome on PC/Mac?
Chrome can be updated on Windows or Mac by opening the browser and hitting the menu button (three dots) in the window’s top right corner. Then, select About Google Chrome from the menu that appears. Just let the update finish, and then try again.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Then, use the “More Options” button in the upper right. This button will appear to the right of your browser’s address bar.
- Next, click the menu button and choose About Google Chrome from the drop-down menu that appears.
You can just put chrome:/settings/help into your browser’s address bar for immediate assistance.
- After installing the Update, select Relaunch to use the updated version. The Update will be downloaded instantly if one is available, but it won’t be installed until you restart the browser.
These methods will work correctly regardless of whether you use a Windows or Mac computer. If you’re having issues with the Chrome update, you may want to review our detailed tutorial on exporting, saving, and importing bookmarks in Chrome. This will ensure that you do not lose any crucial data.
The Best Way to Upgrade Chrome on Your Android
Open the Play Store app on your Android smartphone, and then press the symbol representing your profile in the top-right corner of the screen. This will update the Google Chrome software.Follow that by going to Manage > Apps & Devices > Updates > See details. In the end, click the Update button next to Google Chrome.
- Launch the app on your Android device to access the Google Play Store. You could swipe up the home screen’s middle to access the device’s app library.
- Select your profile icon by doing so. The upper right of your screen displays this information.
- After that, choose to manage your devices and applications.
- Finally, choose View details. The information is accessible via the Updates tab.
- When you’re done, select Update next to Chrome. To access the app, you may have to scroll down.
You can also update all of the applications on your Android smartphone at once by tapping the Update All button located in the upper-right corner of your screen. Furthermore, it will take much longer for all your applications to update simultaneously, which may cause your Android smartphone to become less responsive.
What Are the Steps to Update Chrome on Your iPhone?
Tap your profile symbol in the App Store on the iPhone or iPad. Next, find where it says “Update” and click that. Do this for Google Chrome. If the app isn’t shown in the list of Upcoming App Updates, try refreshing the page.
- Launch the iPhone’s App Store. If you can’t locate this app in the standard app drawer, slide down from the screen’s center to see the search bar.
- After that, tap the symbol of your profile. This information will be presented to you in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the end, click the Update button next to Google Chrome.
If you don’t see Google Chrome listed under “Upcoming App Updates,” scroll up until you see a processing indication. This will take you to the section where you may download the latest version of Google Chrome. After that, close the tab or window you were viewing and give the page a few moments to reload before continuing your investigation.
What if the Update doesn’t work?
- You should remove Chrome from your computer.
- Verify that your PC has all of the necessary specifications.
- Try to reinstall Chrome by downloading it once again. In Windows, use the standalone installer if the issue persists. If you’re using a Mac, you may try reinstalling Google Software Update by downloading it again.
How can you tell if Chrome is up to date?
Here’s how you can tell if Chrome is up to date:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click Update Google Chrome. You’re using the most recent release if this option isn’t there.
- Click Relaunch.
- When you close and reopen the browser, all of your tabs and windows will be where you left them. If you’d prefer not to restart right away, click Not now.
- To update Google Chrome on your mobile device, here’s what you need to do:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the bottom, tap Updates.
- Tap Update next to Google Chrome. If an update is available for your device, follow the instructions on the screen to install it.
Is it Dangerous not to update Chrome?
Chrome is a web browser developed by Google. It is considered one of the most secure browsers and is regularly updated with security fixes. However, you may be at risk if you do not update Chrome to the latest version. Older versions of Chrome are no longer supported by Google and may contain security bugs. By installing the latest version of Chrome, you can ensure that your browser is up-to-date and secure.
Why keep Chrome updated
Keeping Chrome updated to the latest version is essential for several reasons. New features are constantly being added, and security updates are released regularly. Mobile devices are also supported, so you can always have Chrome’s latest and greatest version.