Most of us understand that the technology revolution in Pakistan has played an essential part in forcing us into a society where we all believe we are incomplete without our smartphones. The use of social media and the Internet on our smartphones has dramatically altered how we live, communicate, and work. We feel unhappy when our cell phone is stolen or lost somewhere. If your smartphone has been stolen, lost, or falsified, you can file a complaint using the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority. PTA will get the IMEI block for your Stolen phone as soon as you launch a complaint.
Block mobile by IMEI number online Pakistan
- Visit PTA Headquarters or its own nearest zonal regional office
- You can also Block the stolen smartphone by emailing This email address [email protected]; Please note you also have to provide the IMEI number of your device. PTA will get the IMEI block for your stolen phone.
- You can call the PTA helpline at 0800-25625
- The complainant may also contact the Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) helplines: 1102, 021-35662222, and 021- 35682222 for lodging complaints.
- You can only block your stolen or lost cell phone by faxing CPLC at 021-35683336. But you need to provide the IMEI number in your fax.
What Information to Provide?
- IMEIs of stolen/lost Cell Phones
- Mobile number (used in stolen/lost phone)
- Incident date
- CNIC number
- Father’s name/mother’s name
- Contact number
How to Check the Status of a Smartphone?
The blocking status will likely be assessed after 16 working hours of reporting.
You can assess the status in subsequent manners
Send 15-digit IMEI to 8484
Log in to the PTA website
Check the status of the device via the android application (DVS)
Once blocked, the following message will appear against stolen IMEI
“Your cellular device (IMEI #number) is blocked (reported stolen/misplaced/misused to PTA).”
Please Note: PTA’s mandate is simply confined to blocking cell phones. To trace/track stolen phones, you must contact the local police or law enforcement agencies. Please also be aware that False reporting is a legal offense, and you’ll be dealt with according to the law.
How to Check the IMEI of your Phone
If you have no idea how you might get hold of the IMEI code or number, then don’t worry. That’s exceptionally straightforward. It is likely to be found by several procedures that are defined under:
- By dialing *#06# on your cellular dial pad.
- It’s published on the device box.
- Go to settings > About phone > Status > IMEI Information.
- Remove the back cover and battery of your cellular phone. There are IMEI within the Battery compartment (Only valid for portable phones with removable battery option).
- For IOS Devices, go to Settings > General > About
Therefore, all of the above-described techniques can allow you to block your lost or stolen mobiles. At any time when such an unpleasant episode occurs to you personally, you then suggested submitting a complaint as quickly as you possibly can.
As a result of blocking, nobody can abuse the info available on your mobile phone. You might only breathe a sigh of relief since it’d continue to keep your data safe and noisy.
Moreover, DIRBS (Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System) has been launched by PTA to block and identify unregistered and smuggled smartphones.
Recently, PTA has begun sending texts (SMS) to each cell phone consumer to validate their handsets. After October 20th, solely registered or verified cell phone customers’ cell phones will likely be operational, and the rest will probably be blocked.
So Get enrolled in Your Device Before October 20 to Prevent Smartphone Blockage from PTA. Please share your comments below about How to block mobile by IMEI number online in Pakistan.