PTA has launched the latest verification system named DIRBS (Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System). All the electronic gadgets including mobile phones, tablets, and SIM supporting devices have to register themselves or they will get disabled. Due to this method, PTA mobile registration is not a hectic any more. Moreover, DIRBS supports functions like PTA online registration, PTA device registration system, PTA IMEI check, and PTA registration check.
This system has brought ease for the Pakistani citizens who are living abroad, they can have PTA mobile registration online. They can also have PTA IMEI check through this system. There is no need to declare your gadget at the airport. The process is free of cost and convenient for everyone.
PTA Mobile Registration Free
Here is the step by step guide to PTA online registration
- Click here to open the PTA mobile registration portal for IMEI check PTA.
- If you do not have an account, then Sign Up otherwise, log in for PTA registration online
- Select the user type it can be an international user or local citizen. Select the purpose also.
- Fill the fields which include name, email address, passport number, contact number, and postal address.
- Tap on to the Sign-Up button. After a few minutes, you will receive a confirmation email or text with a link. Tap on the link, a login window will appear on the screen. It will ask email and password. Enter data into these fields and click Log in.
- You will reach the declaration window after logging in for PTA registration online
- Tap onto COC on the left side of your screen. Two options will appear.
- Apply for COC
- My applications
- Click on the first option i.e. Apply for COC
- This action will take you to PTA IMEI registration where you will enter the mobile number and IMEI number of your gadget. Also, perform PTA IMEI check of your device by dialing *06# for the same device.
- Afterward, you will receive a text on the cell number you have entered before. It will tell whether you need to pay text or not.
Congratulations! You have done PTA online registration with this PTA device registration system. Now go to My Application for IMEI check PTA of your device.
How to choose User Type
Pakistani: If you have dual nationality or you traveled somewhere via Pakistani passport then select this type. Thus this category is for Dual nationality holders, local or international travelers.
Foreigner: If you have dual nationality or you traveled somewhere via international passport then select this type. Thus this category is for Dual nationality holder, foreigner or international traveler.
Other: For the travelers who entered with any of the passports whether its Pakistani or international. Perform PTA IMEI registration with the same passport number within 2 months of arrival.
PTA Registration Online
Complete the steps for PTA registration online (PTA mobile registration for the first time)
- Dial *8484# with your mobile.
- Press 1 for PTA mobile registration free
- Reply with 1 if you are Pakistani and Reply with 2 if you are a foreigner.
- Further, Dial 1 for PTA mobile registration free if you are registering a device for the first time. However, If you perform a PTA registration check on other devices the same year, you will be charged for this.
- Enter your passport details. Kindly verify before entering into the PTA device registration system.
- Enter CNIC for PTA IMEI registration
- For IMEI check PTA dial first IMEI number from by dialing *06# from same SIM
- For other SIMs, dial IMEI number from respective SIMs by dialing *06#
- Reply with 1 for process completion
- Reply with 0 if you want to look through the details again
- For any query, feel free to contact PTA device registration system or dial 0800-55555 (PTA helpline number)
Afterward, you will receive a confirmation text on your device. Remember!! There might be issues if you enter any invalid data for PTA registration online.
If you follow these steps, you will succeed in PTA online registration or PTA IMEI registration. If you have more than one mobile device then the PTA device registration system will generate a bill for you. Which, can be submitted easily through online banking or via ATMs.
If your PTA registration check is successful then you are considered whitelisted.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register my Phone with PTA?
Send your mobile’s IMEI number to 8484.
How can I check my mobile registration in PTA?
Dial *06# do know whether your device is registered with PTA or not.
How do I activate my PTA account?
i) Via PTA website
ii) PTA mobile app (DIRBS)
iii) Send IMEI number to 8484
How do I approve my mobile from PTA online?
i) PTA mobile app (DIRBS)
ii) Send IMEI number to 8484
iii) Via PTA website
How do I get a free PTA phone?
Dial *8484# with your device. Registration for first is free, however, the registration on other devices will be a charged process.
How do I unblock a blocked PTA on my phone?
Go to PTA’s website, register your phone, and pay the tax. Afterward, your phone will be unblocked.
Is PTA blocking phones?
Yes, if you have not registered your device, it will get blocked.
How do I pay tax on mobile to PTA?
You can pay tax via Online banking, ATMs, or mobile banking.
Can a blocked phone be unblocked?
Yes, however, you have to register it first and then pay the tax.
Can a blocked IMEI be unblocked?
If the phone is stolen or smuggled it cannot be blocked. However, if it’s blocked other then these reasons, it can be unblocked by registering through PTA.
What happens if IMEI is blocked?
If the phone is stolen or smuggled it cannot be blocked. However, if it is blocked other then these reasons, it can be unblocked by registering through PTA. You need to pay tax for the device whose IMEI got blocked.