How to Check IMEI Number in Pakistan with PTA
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) introduced the IMEI Code Checker procedure under the system DIRBS for Device Validity. This system is the Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System. This system has been designed to identify and block illegal phones not registered in Pakistan. These unregistered phones are identified through an IMEI code. With the help of PTA, the IMEI blocklist check code, you can have information about your mobile so Let’s explore how to check the IMEI number in Pakistan with the Help of PTA.
So whenever you buy any phone, whether used or not, you must check it for an invalid IMEI code. Once you know that the phone you buy is unregistered under the PTA system, there is a proper procedure for registration.
When you buy any smartphone, do check if it is registered or not. For this purpose, PTA has introduced an IMEI check mechanism to enable smartphone users to check if the device has valid or invalid IMEI.
You have to follow the instructions below to check the IMEI number.
IMEI Code Checker – How to check IMEI number
- Dial *#06# from your phone pad.
- Then 15 digit IMEI code will appear on the screen.
- You can search for a phone or box of the phone for the IMEI number.
- A proper method is “Go to Settings of your phone > About Phone > Status > IMEI information”.
- For iPhone users, go to “Settings” > go to “General” > then “About” (IOS devices only).
- You can also look for the IMEI number of your device by removing the back cover of the phone and the battery. You will find an IMEI number inside the compartment.
How to check If your Device is Blacklisted or Stolen?
- You can go to the Web Portal DIRBS > Enter “15 digit number” > Press “Check.”
- Send your 15-digit number via SMS to “8484.”
- You can also download an Application DIRBS app on your Android handset. After downloading the app, open the App and enter the 15-digit IMEI number.
After following the procedure mentioned above, you will get one out of 4 responses from the DIRBS portal.
- Your device is “Compliant under PTA” rules. It means your phone is approved and legally imported into Pakistan.
- If the message appears on your screen that your device is “Non-Compliant,” there are two possibilities. Either your GSMA could not locate its number, or the device may have been brought into Pakistan through informal channels. To make an auto registration under PTA in this regard, users are advised to make calls, send SMS, and keep using mobile internet from their SIM(s) to get registered under PTA.
- If the option appears as “Valid Devices,” then the IMEI number is approved under GSMA but not PTA registered/compliant. For auto registration, users should use their SIMS for making calls, sending SMS, and using mobile internet.
- The message “Device IMEI is Blocked” shows that your phone is “Reported Stolen”.
Therefore, it is advised to buy only PTA Compliant and approved devices. For further details, visit https://www.pta.gov.pk and share your comments below about the PTA IMEI blacklist check code & your thoughts on how to check the IMEI number PTA process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my IMEI is PTA approved?
To check whether or not your IMEI number is PTA approved, you need to dial *#06#, and you need to then send a text message of each 15-digit IMEA number to 8484.
Is PTA blocking Phones?
Yes, the rumor that was spread sometime before that Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) is blocking phones, they have claimed to block more than 3 million phones that were found to be illegally sold or in use; most of the blocked phones that are claimed to be blocked were the phones smuggled illegally out of the country and those blocked rather than that case were the phones that exceeded time limit that was 5th January 2019 in order of noncompliance of changing their phones to be registered.
Can a blocked phone be unblocked?
Yes, a PTA-blocked phone can be legally and illegally unblocked. Of course, the better option for you will be selecting a legal option that is unblocking your phone from PTA itself it is very easy, and it will set you tension-free; you will have to give tax money to get your blocked phone unblocked. The illegal way would be considering local mobile shops to get your phone unlocked at a cheaper price, but they won’t guarantee you whether it will be blocked again or not.
Can an IMEI be unblocked?
IMEI blocked! No worries, the IMEI number can be unblocked; you have to make an FIR copy from a nearby police station and send your phone to the service provider. It will forward it to the Central Equipment Identity register’s main office, where your blacklisted IMEI will be removed from the blacklist, and you will be able to get your IMEI registered.
What happens if a phone is not PTA approved?
The reason behind using a phone that is not PTA approved would be that your phone is not legal, or the seller specifically bought it from an illegal source. So, if you continue to use PTA, not legalized phones, you have to live with the fear that your IMEI number will be blocked anytime.
What will happen if IMEI is blocked?
If in the case it happens to you that you get to know that your IMEI is blocked, You cannot unblock it until you make it unblocked from PTA itself, so it’s simple if in the case PTA IMEI is blocked, you are unable to use your phone.
How many mobiles can I carry to Pakistan?
According to the law, Travelers are allowed to carry only one smartphone that is ideally free of traveler’s duty per the personal baggage rules. But under different circumstances, a person can bring as many as five smartphones if they have already been duty-free.
What happens if you put a SIM in a blacklisted phone?
If you put a SIM blocked by PTA, the wireless carriers will not allow access to the cellular networks. Even if you put in a valid SIM card, you won’t be able to use it either because smartphones are blocked by their IMEIs.
Can you jailbreak a blacklisted phone?
The specific way to jailbreak a blacklisted phone is only to let it unblocked by the PTA blacklist, but the other way is through a third-party user.
Can I use a blacklisted phone in another country?
We have particular experience with this question; in a few cases, it works, and in a few, it doesn’t. If you sell a blocklisted phone, it might work there. It will work if no complaint is issued regarding it, such as the device being stolen or illegally imported. But in this case, if it is registered as blocked or an FIR is considered, the phone will partially work and be considered illegal.
How to check the IMEI number in Samsung?
Simply go to the Settings app on your device, open it, and then select the About phone option. That’s it! On the reverse side of your device: The IMEI & serial number are displayed on the back of the device, at the bottom, in a very small font.
How to check the IMEI number on iPhone?
- To access the About menu, navigate to Settings > General.
- Check for a serial number on the item. You may need to scroll down in order to locate the IMEI/MEID and ICCID.
- Simply touch and hold the number you want to copy, and it will be copied to your clipboard. You may then paste this data into Apple’s registration or support forms.
I hope you like our article about PTA IMEI blocklist check & Frequently asked questions; please share your comments below.