In this post, I am going to show you how to record a FaceTime call on Mac. This is useful if you are trying to make a video for YouTube or want the audio of the conversation. FaceTime is a video chat service on Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The process is quite simple and will not take more than 10 minutes. So grab your laptop, find someone with a nearby iPhone, let’s get started with a new facetime experience. Please note FaceTime calls use Wi-Fi or cellular data.
How to Record a FaceTime Call on Mac
1. sign or click FaceTime
2. Click the “Contacts” icon at the top of your screen and select a contact to call
3. Find the person you want to talk to within your contacts list and click on their name
4. In the lower-left corner of your screen, click on “Start video call” or press Command+Shift+5 on a Mac
5) The person you are calling will receive an alert that they have been invited to a FaceTime call from you
6) When they accept, both parties can see each other’s live video feed
7) To end a FaceTime session, either party can click “End Video Call.” This will also disconnect any phone calls being made during this period as well as terminate any active chat sessions between users who may be using iMessage or AIM for instant messaging purposes.
8) If one party needs to end a video chat early without waiting for its conclusion, they should close their browser window before ending the call if it is being conducted through Apple’s Safari web browser application or by pressing Control + Shift + Q if it is being conducted through Mozilla Firefox web browser application when using Google Chrome operating system software.
How do I use FaceTime on Mac?
The Mac’s FaceTime application is preinstalled and ready to chat with friends and family or conduct interviews.
1) Open the FaceTime app on your Mac screen by clicking it in the Dock.
2) Enter the contact name, email address, phone number, or chat ID of your recipient in the Search field at the top-right corner of the window.
3) If you know who you want to talk to but can’t find them in FaceTime’s contacts list, type an email or phone number into either text box provided and then click their name from a pop-up menu that appears beneath your input – this will allow you a direct line into a chatroom with all members of that active organization mentioned.
How to Add more people to your FaceTime chat.
1) Open the Contacts app on your Mac and locate a person you want to have in a new FaceTime call with someone else – it doesn’t matter who starts the conversation so long as both of these contacts are added. You can do this by dragging and dropping a contact on top of another.
2) Open the FaceTime app on your Mac, as described earlier in this article. Then click the plus sign (+) button at the bottom of the window to begin adding more people into conversation with those already listed by default.
3) A new face will pop up asking you to enter their name, email address, or phone number, then click their name from a pop-up menu that appears beneath your input – this will allow you to add them into an active chat.
How to Record Facetime Video chat Calls on Mac
You can also record video calls on Mac using the Facetime application if it’s enabled in Settings > Video.
To do so:
- Open System Preferences and select the “Facetime” option on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click to enable Video Calls using either a built-in camera or an external one plugged into your Mac, then close System Preferences when you’re finished.
- To record a video call:
- Open Facetime, make a call and click the red video button to record.
- Click the “Stop video button” when you want to finish your video, enter a title and description into that box, then choose where to save it by clicking on one of these three options: Camera Roll, iTunes, or Mail – this will send your recorded file straight away to the recipient you were talking to.
- Click “Done,” and your recorded video will be ready for sharing or saving onto your Mac within seconds.
How to Record Facetime Audio Calls
You can also record Facetime audio calls by enabling it in Settings > Call, allowing users to record a Facetime audio conversation before sending that file to another contact through Mail, Dropbox, Messages, and more.
- Open FaceTime and click on the “FaceTime” button to make a Facetime audio call as you usually would do by entering the contact name or phone number of your recipient in that window – this will start an audio chat with both parties talking through their Macs.
- Click the red record button at any time to begin recording, then click “Stop” when you want to finish your audio file.
- Click on either ‘Camera Roll’ or ‘iTunes’ and choose where you would like the recorded conversation saved by selecting one of these three options: Camera Roll, iTunes, or Mail – this will send that recorded file to your recipient within seconds.
How to Make a group FaceTime call
Group FaceTime call is a feature that allows you to chat with up to 32 people simultaneously. It’s like having a FaceTime video conference call. Group FaceTime works on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- After opening the FaceTime app, tap on “New Call.” This will take you to the “New Call” screen, where you’ll be able to add more people. Tap on the plus sign and then select your desired contact from your contacts list.
- You can also tap on “More People,” and choose which contacts you want in your group FaceTime call. You can add more than one person this way. Once you’re ready to start your conference call, go back to the main screen and click on “Add to Existing Call.”
- If you wish, you can also record FaceTime calls. To do this: tap the plus sign at the bottom of your screen and click on “New Recording.” Once started, tap anywhere on your iPhone’s or iPad’s display until you see a blue bar that reads “Stop Recording.” That’s all there is to it! You can then share your recording in an email or message when you’re done.
How do I add a phone number or email address in FaceTime?
Face time can recognize your email account when you add it to FaceTime in the Preferences. Once the process is complete, all of your contacts that use FaceTime will be available for calls.
How to stop receiving facetime calls on Mac.
To stop receiving facetime calls on Mac, follow the steps below:
- Open the FaceTime app.
- In the “Recents” tab, swipe left on the facetime calls you to want to stop receiving.
- Tap “stop ringing.”
Have you ever needed to record FaceTime call on your Mac? If so, then the above article was for you. We’ve talked about how to use Facetime on Mac and add more people to chat. The idea of being able to go back over a meaningful conversation or meeting can be highly beneficial in many different circumstances – not just business ones. Luckily, this isn’t difficult at all! So hopefully, you will admire our effort, as we have tried our best to accommodate the best knowledge we have in this process. Would you please share your comments below