Steam icons are icons that represent games on steam. These icons show up in various places like the steam library folder, store, and community pages. If you have been playing a game for a while through Steam and notice that your icons are missing, don’t worry! This blog post will walk you through how to fix it by following these easy steps.
we’ve recently found out how to fix the problem of missing game icons on Steam after realizing there are practically no instructions for it online. I’m here to tell you that I’ve discovered the solution to your problem, and it’s simple! And I’m going to show you how to do it so you don’t have to suffer any longer. You can play, discuss, and create exciting PC games with Steam, the industry’s most popular gaming destination. Thousands of games from well-known game developers and indie game developers’ modifications are available in the cloud-based gaming library.
You can store a huge number of games without clogging up your PC’s memory. The platform also allows you to play from any computer with a Steam engine installed, thanks to the technology. Games and forums are accessible through the program.
Fix Steam Game Icons Missing
To make it simpler for you, we’ve compiled a list of the most frequent questions and answers. Scroll down and try each of the three methods for resolving “No icon in Steam game shortcuts.” Good luck!
Method 1: Fixing through Steam App
- Open the Steam app.
- Go to the Library page.
- Choose a game from the list of games.
- Select the Properties option from the right-click menu, then click on it.
- Change the path for your local file, if necessary. Select the Local Files option in this new window.
- Select the Browse for local files option. It opens a File Explorer containing the games folder.
- Look for the game’s executable file, which is often called the .exe file.
- Click on the item, then right-click and select Copy.
- Right-click anywhere on your desktop and select Paste Shortcut.
- The program will also add a desktop shortcuts icon to your desktop screen.
Method 2: Through Games Directory
If you have Steam games on a separate drive, follow these procedures.
Setup Games Directory
Follow these steps to fix the icon problems before proceeding. To do so, you’ll need to set up your game directory. Follow these instructions to complete the task.
- Open the Steam application.
- Click on your account name in the upper left corner of any folder. Click Settings > Library Folders.
- Then Click the Library folder and type in the correct path where your games are stored on the hard drive. E:\Games\Steam\steamapps is an example of a proper location.
- Once you’ve added your new directory, go to right-click and select ‘Make Default Folder.
Fix the Icons
All games in the game’s directory are detected by Steam. You next move the game folder for which you wish to restore the icon. Take these steps in order.
- Right-click the game in your library, then click Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Local Files tab.
- Select them and then click Browse Local Files.
- Copy and paste the game file to your desktop.
- Delete Local Content by right-clicking on the same game in your library and selecting Delete Local Content.
- Delete the game from your library and re-add it to Steam.
- Click Install via Steam Library after selecting your game. It will now locate your game files once again.
- Create a game icon on your desktop (if one does not already exist).
- Open C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam\steam\steamgames, and you’ll see the game icon file that has been downloaded by Steam.
- Select the shortcut’s icon, then click Open Properties.
- The icon for the old shortcut menu will appear in your Start menu. Right-click on it and select Change Icon. Select Change Icon from the drop-down menu, then select the icon for that shortcut from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam\games.
- To finish, click the Apply button.
Method 3: Clearing IconCache.DB
If the icons continue to vanish, check if it’s a Windows issue rather than a Steam problem. Check for any residual issues in your software by opening AppData and deleting or clearing Icon Cache. DB. I’m hoping you can fix the Steam shortcuts no icon problem by applying these three methods.
The icons for steam might be missing on your computer. Steam is a gaming platform that has many games, but it also needs to have the appropriate icons in order to function properly. To fix this issue, you need to make sure the files are not corrupted and delete any duplicate files. Once these things are taken care of, you will see all of your game icons again in no time!