We are living in a digital era. Internet connectivity, shipping services, and financial services have opened new ways to sell and grow business. You may have typed Magento vs wooCommerce vs Shopify, Shopify vs wooCommerce vs Magento, wooCommerce vs Magento vs Shopify, Magento eCommerce, and wooCommerce WordPress to know better and decide better.
E-commerce is on the rise, and it will certainly go booming for many more years. A buyer can search for the desired product from the palm of the hand. If you are looking for setting up an online e-commerce business, then you must be familiar with wooCommerce, Magento eCommerce, and Shopify. And you must be searching for the best e-commerce platform.
This article will tell you all, so stay put and read the following.
- 1 E-commerce platform strength
- 2 Magento vs Woocommerce vs Shopify
- 3 Shopify
- 4 WooCommerce
- 5 Magento
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7.1 Magento vs Shopify?
- 7.2 Is Shopify or WooCommerce better?
- 7.3 Which is better WooCommerce or Magento?
- 7.4 Which is the best eCommerce platform?
- 7.5 Is Magento better than WordPress?
- 7.6 Why is Magento so expensive?
- 7.7 Who owns Magento now?
- 7.8 Is Magento hard to learn?
- 7.9 Is WooCommerce cheaper than Shopify?
E-commerce platform strength
The following are the user base and the strength of each platform.
- There are 800000 active online stores on Shopify. And the number is still growing.
- WooCommerce handles more than 3 million online stores.
- Magento serves 500000 websites.
Let us compare each platform.
Magento vs Woocommerce vs Shopify
Shopify was launched in 2009, and it is a well-known platform. Almost all online buyers know the name. It contains small stores for mega brands.
There are three plans for stores. Here is the detail.
- The Shopify Lite plan is $9 per month.
- Shopify basic plan is $29 per month.
- The Shopify plan is $79 per month.
- The Advanced Shopify plan is $299 per month.
You can choose the plan which suits you best.
Strengths of Shopify
Shopify distinguishes itself by following traits and features.
- Pioneer e-commerce platform.
- Simple, convenient to use.
- No-brainer navigation.
- Additional functionality can be acquired by the installation of apps.
- Product and order management is straightforward.
- The theme set up is simple.
- You can develop business in the shortest amount of time.
- You are provided with hosting and SSL certificate.
- Shopify provides 24/7 customer support through phone, email, and online messages.
- You can sell on Facebook and Instagram.
- Shopify sends emails automatically to an abandoned shopping cart.
- You can add PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google pay.
- You can synchronize the physical shop sale with the online store by Shopify POS.
- Shopify mobile app is powerful.
Weaknesses of Shopify
Here are the cons.
- You cannot enjoy complex flexibility.
- The content management system is weak.
- You have to pay monthly subscription fees.
- You have to pay additional transaction fees for a third-party payment gateway.
- Credit card rates are high.
Brands associated with Shopify
The following are Shopify brands.
- Gym Shark.
- KKW Beauty.
- Kylie Cosmetics.
It is built on WordPress and launched in 2011. wooCommerce works as a plugin with WordPress. You can run an online store with all the functionality of WordPress.
WooCommerce wordpress is the choice of many people because it is free to download, and it offers a wide variety of themes to choose from. WooCommerce WordPress is a popular term.
Strengths of WooCommerce
The following things separate it from the other platforms.
- It’s content management system has good capabilities.
- You have full control over base code. So, you can customize as you like.
- You can add additional functionalities by installing apps from the huge catalog.
- It is free.
- It is open source and has a vast community.
- You can learn it easily and use it conveniently.
- It works perfectly with WordPress.
Weaknesses of WooCommerce
It also has cons.
- It is not the first e-commerce platform.
- You need to buy hosting and qualify for the SSL certificate.
- You require a constant checkup on the store for updates and core software. It is for security.
- Sometimes plugins conflict with each other and cause problems.
- For improvement and up-gradation, you have to rely on the developer.
- Fewer means of support.
- Your developer can compromise your quality.
- The development time is long.
Brands associated with wooCommerce
The following are the brands on wooCommerce.
- All Blacks
- Air Stream.
It was launched in 2008, and it is a complete online business solution for the retail providing all technical support and features.
Magento eCommerce is a platform that works on the corporate level. It is the choice of larger businesses. It is free to download, but features require premium services.
Strengths of Magento
Here is the strength of this platform.
- It is the very first platform for e-commerce.
- It is a B2B e-commerce.
- You can scale everything perfectly.
- The product catalog is perfect, and order management is smooth.
- All features are well integrated.
- It provides community functionality.
- It can be used for large SKU counts.
- You can install it, and then run multiple stores on it.
Weaknesses of Magento
Here are some not so good things about it.
- You have to pay a high cost for owning a store.
- Its developers are expensive.
- You need to buy hosting and qualify for the SSL certificate.
- You need to hire a developer for third-party extensions.
- The application of themes is complex and complicated.
- You need to install all the software updates.
- It is a little hard to learn.
- Its website speed is slow.
- It offers only community-based support.
- You can hire a bad developer.
- You have to spend a long time during development.
Brands associated with Magento
The following are the brands using Magento.
- Christian Louboutin
We have tried to satisfy the queries Magento vs wooCommerce vs Shopify, Shopify vs wooCommerce vs Magento, and wooCommerce vs Magento vs Shopify.
Now we are also giving a conclusion. If you have a small store, then Shopify is a perfect choice, but it is not as flexible as other platforms. WooCommerce has a vast variety of themes but it takes long development time. Moreover, it requires complex technical details. Magento eCommerce is a perfect platform and provide every convenience to business, but it has a very high cost of set up, and you need to hire developers.
You should decide according to the size of your business. If you are an individual or small business, then use Shopify. It will be affordable.
And if you are a corporate level business, then go for Magento. It will be more progressive. And for medium-range business, wooCommerce is the best platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Magento vs Shopify?
Magento’s e-commerce platform and Shopify are two different e-commerce sites. They may be similar in relation to e-commerce. But there are several differences that separate them. Shopify is a hosted platform with an ‘all in one” market strategy.
In comparison, Magento is a self, hosted, more complex, and larger e-commerce site. With Shopify, you do not have to worry about the hosting; it takes care of it and is quite easy to use.
While with Magento, you have to pay for the hosting, your domain, securities, and other services, although it is an open-source and free to install an e-commerce platform.
Is Shopify or WooCommerce better?
Shopify and WooCommerce WordPress sites; both have proven to be potential platforms to start an e-commerce store or business.
However, there are certain differences that prioritize one on the other site. Such as Shopify is far more easy and accessible for every other person. You do not have to look into any installation, and do not need to know how to code; you can start using it quickly. You can easily set up payments and understand their pricing plans.
In contrast, WooCommerce is a quite more technical platform than Shopify. It requires a certain level of knowledge of coding and how you can use it. You will have to spend some time to learn its basic rules.
Which is better WooCommerce or Magento?
Woocommerce is comparatively easier to use, cost-efficient, and easy to scale eCommerce sites than the Magento. Although it lacks many eCommerce features that the Magento can offer.
However, on the other hand, Magento is a large application with many features and solutions. That is why it becomes difficult and costly to maintain and develop its software. It is more suitable for enterprises and businesses, who can afford an expert to use it efficiently.
Which is the best eCommerce platform?
You can check all the features and debates on WooCommerce vs Magento vs Shopify to decide which platform is the best. However, you should know, each of them has unique features and distinct qualities. You just have to select the one that works best for you and matches your knowledge, skills, and business type.
Is Magento better than WordPress?
If you are a beginner and just starting out than WordPress can be a good option for you. However, with Magento, you can develop a larger and more professional online store. It has far more advanced features and functionality options, which can grow and expand your business.
Why is Magento so expensive?
The pricing for the development of Magento depends on the demanded e-commerce website requirements and needs of the business. Due to this, the expanses of Magento development can increase. Also, the skill level and value of a Magento developer adds to the expanses of the Magento e-commerce project.
Who owns Magento now?
Varien, Inc, a US private company, developed this software. However, in May 2018, Adobe Inc acquired Magento for $1.68 Billion.
Is Magento hard to learn?
Magento is said to be one of the massive and difficult e-commerce applications with complex PHP systems, which makes it hard to learn.
Is WooCommerce cheaper than Shopify?
The cost of starting a WooCommerce is cheaper than Shopify. woocommerce wordpress also does not charge a percentage for transactions. However, its cost can start rising when you purchase paid extensions.