Windows 11 OS is mainly known for its amazing features, like new interface, improved performance, quick touch controls, and many more. But like its predecessors, you may experience driver-related issues on your device. Sometimes, drivers get deleted or corrupted, which causes improper functioning of your device driver and leads to data loss issues.
If you ever experience such issues, don’t worry; there are several ways to recover deleted drivers on Windows 11 devices. Here, in this article, we will explore various ways to recover deleted drivers and ensure your system runs smoothly.
What Causes Deletion of Drivers on Windows OS?
Before you learn Windows data recovery methods to recover deleted drivers on Windows 11, it’s important to find the exact cause for the same. Some prominent reasons for the deletion of drivers on Windows 11 are:
- User Error: Instances may occur when you unintentionally delete drivers from your Windows device while browsing other files and folders.
- Malware or Virus Attack: Malicious software, like viruses or malware, can infect your system files, including drivers. In some cases, this may lead to the deletion of drivers or their content, which can put you in trouble.
- Incompatible or Outdated Drivers: If your device has any driver which is incompatible with your system or outdated, they can lead to system instability and crashes. In such cases, you should uninstall the problematic drivers from your device.
- System File Corruption: Corruption in Windows system files can also cause driver-related issues on your device, like their sudden deletion.
How do I Recover Deleted Drivers on Windows 11?
Here are several common ways by which you can restore deleted drivers on Windows device:
Method 01: Roll Back Drivers
The Roll Back Windows utility allows uninstalling the current driver from your device and automatically installing the previous driver. Rolling back is the easiest way to restore the system back online after being deleted. Go through the following steps to learn how to roll back your device driver on Windows 11:
- Firstly, log in to your device with administrative privileges.
- Press the Windows + X keys to launch Device Manager on your device. Next, select the device for which you need to roll back the driver.
- Now, go to the Driver tab from the pop-up window that appears. Tap the “Roll Back Driver” button to roll back the driver to the previously installed version.
Method 02: Recover Deleted Drivers Via Use System Restore
You can also use the Windows System Restore feature to revert your system to a previous state. To use this feature, you need to activate the System Restore utility via the Control Panel and set the frequency of system back-ups. Now, follow the below-given steps to restore deleted drivers on a Windows 11 device using System Restore:
- Type “Create a Restore Point” in the Windows search box and click on it.
- Now, go to the System Protection tab and click the “System Restore” button.
- Go through on-screen instructions to restore your device to a previous state. Select the restore point that you have created before the driver deletion.
- Once your system is restored, check if the missing driver is recovered. If not, you can use a professional data recovery software to restore your lost driver files with ease.
Recover Deleted Driver Using Stellar Data Recovery Standard
Apart from the DIY data recovery methods to restore deleted drivers, you can also try using windows data recovery software. Stellar Data Recover Standard tool is an all-in-one recovery program that supports the recovery of your lost files from multiple platforms. The software offers several amazing features for easy and quick recovery. These features include:
- Support recovery of files deleted due to any reason, including accidental deletion, virus or malware threat, power outages, etc.
- Recover your lost data safely with 100% security by preventing it from unauthorized access.
- Support recovery of files of multiple types, such as photos, videos, documents, and many more from mediums like hard drives, memory cards, SD cards, etc.
- Allow you to preview the recoverable files, so you can select only the required files and save them back on your device.
- The software is compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7/XP and lower versions. Also, compatible with MacOS versions.
Steps to Recover Deleted Drivers with Stellar Data Recovery Standard
Go through the following steps to recover deleted drivers on Windows 11 using the Stellar Data Recovery tool:
Step 1: Firstly, download and install the Stellar Data Recovery Standard tool on your Windows device. Launch the software and select the type of file you need to restore. Click Next to continue.
Step 2: Now, select the partition or disk from where your drivers are deleted, and click “Scan”. Wait till the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: After completion of the scanning process, preview the recoverable files. Select the files you need to restore and tap “Recover” to save selected files at the desired location.
If you encounter issues like the deletion of drivers on Windows 11 or any other driver-related problems, it’s important to keep your system updated. Double-check every time if you are performing system changes and maintain a clean and secure computing environment. All the above Windows data recovery methods can help you in the quick and easy recovery of deleted drivers on Windows 11 devices. Professional data recovery software, like Stellar Data Recovery Standard, can save your time and recover files from Windows devices in a few simple clicks.