Summer is particularly harsh in our part of the world; the scorching heat would burn even if you are out for a short span of time. Not to mention the oily skin and sweat. We bring to you our tried and tested tips for a glowing skin in summers, try our skin food and summer face packs for glowing skin recipes to enjoy an at home spa experience.
Tips for Glowing Skin in Summer:
To fight the sun damage you need a proper routine to keep your skin hydrated, young and glowing in summers.
We can not stress enough the need for staying hydrated during summers. You need to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water or more to keep the blood circulation right and help flushing out toxins from the body.
Use Home-Made Scrubs to Unclog Pores:
Scrubbing is effective to unclog the pores and exfoliate dead skin to reveal newer brighter skin underneath. There is plenty of home-made scrubs that are super cheap and works great.
- Mix 2 parts sugar with 1-part honey and olive oil and voila! Scrub it in circular motions on your hands and face for 10 minutes and wash off to reveal soft, glowing skin.
- Salt scrubs works well too, sea salt is so rich in minerals, mix it with oil, one lemon zest and a few mint leaves. Blend it all together and your sea spa in a bottle is ready.
- Coarsely grounded oatmeal and almonds mixed with honey and milk makes a great body scrub for everyday use.
Use Desi Ubtans and Summer Face Packs for Skin:
Now here’s two most authentic design recipe for glowing, radiant skin, directly from our grandma, with love:
- 2 tbsp of chickpea flour (besan), a pinch of turmeric, 1 tsp of yogurt, and 1 tsp of honey. Mix it all together and apply on your face in a thick even layer. Wait for 30 minutes before washing it off and you will get an instant glow.
- Take grounded mash daal 2 and measure daal 2 tbsp each, lemon zest, rose petals and 5 grounded almonds, mix it with milk and egg white and your home made ubtan is ready. Put it on for half an hour and use regularly for best results.
Exfoliating Fruity Skin Food:
Another great tip for glowing skin in summer is to eat fruit and smear them on your skin:
- A papaya and pineapple exfoliating face pack is the fruity treat you need this summer. Blend the pineapple pulp with equal quantity of papaya pulp, mix it well, add brown sugar, honey and a dash of almond oil to the mix and you are done. This recipe makes amazing food for glowing skin.
- Don’t forget to do a patch test before using it.
Almond Oil for Anti-aging Skin Care:
Almond oil is so rich in vit E, which is essential to keep the elasticity of our skin. Just a little drop of Almond oil around the eye area work as a great anti-ageing eye cream. Almonds are a supper skin food for glowing skin, you can also use them in a face pack.
Aloe Gel to Rescue:
Aloe Vera gel is the one stop solution to all your beauty concerns, it can moisturize your skin, can be used as an anti-ageing treatment, can help with the marks and scars and can treat sun burned skin effectively.
Just take a leaf directly from the plant, slice it open and there you are. Scoop out the gel and apply directly or mixed with coconut oil to your skin.
High SPF to Protect from Sun Damage:
Never set your foot out-side the house without wearing your SPF 60 or above sunblock, in fact, wear it inside the house too, if you are exposed to heat in the kitchen for longer hours.
Remember sun damage is the biggest of all skin problems and it takes a long time to recover.
Go for Light, Breathable Makeup:
- Opt a specifically designed formula
- Try it on for 20 minutes before making the purchase
Don’t Forget Yoga:
Summer packs for skin are a fun way to relax after a long, tiring day, just apply a thick coat on your face, place cool thin slices of cucumber on your eyes, sip on some nice refreshing drink and let the skin food fight the free radicals and sun damage.