Lionel Messi is going to enjoy position among the top 10 in European Golden Shoe for 2018-19, whereas Cristiano Ronaldo crashes out. Messi of FC Barcelona with 33 goals, 66 points at 22 April becomes the sharpest footballer of European times in LaLiga.
Lionel Messi and European Golden Shoe
Lionel Messi is an only award winning player for five times with Barcelona Club. This player has the record of making the most goals in the same season. Last time he amazingly scored the most goals the 2011-12 season of Spanish top-flight. After Messi, the second the one to be part of the race of European Golden Shoe is Kylian Mbappe of Paris Saint Germain. His total number of goals are 30 with 60 points. He made a hattrick on 22 April against club Monaco.
If we look at the Cristiano Ronaldo position, then he is standing at the 11th spot. He is the one who created a history through a lift of Serie A on Saturday at Juventus. But somehow he lost to make up to the top 10.
While the remaining players who are part of Top 10 European Golden Shoe race are as follows:
- Fabio Quagliarella (Sampdoria, Serie A -22 goals, 44 points).
- Mbaye Diagne (Kasimpasa/Galatasaray, Turkish League-28 goals, 42 points).
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich, Bundesliga- 21 goals, 42 points).
- Krzysztof Piatek (Genoa/AC milan, Serie A- 21 goals, 42 points).
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid, La Liga – 21 goals, 42 points).
- Duvan Zapata (Atalanta, Serie A-22 goals, 42 points).
- Luuk de Jong (PSV Eindhoven, Eredivisie – 27 goals, 40.5 points).
- Luis Suarez (Barcelona, La Liga – 20 goals, 40 points).
Lionel Messi has been a golden charm for Barcelona throughout the whole season and with this factor Catalans are at its plus point. They are going to face Liverpool soon enough in the Champions League semi-finals. Messi being on the top of the race of European Golden Shoe race gives Barcelona the assurance to take the La Liga title again.