Making our smartphones password protected is essential in order to maintain the privacy factor. However, sometimes it boils your blood when you end up forgetting the same password in an attempt to unlock the screen of your Android phone. This is a terrible moment when you have something urgent to do with your Android phone and you have no idea how to unlock password. Well, you have no need to panic if you somehow end up forgetting your lock screen password and feel like inside the maze with no way out. Let me guide you on how to unlock Android phones or unlock the phone without a password so that you won’t say again that “I forgot my phone password”.
One of the most common reasons behind forgetting a password is that someone deliberately tried to unlock your Android phone. A naughty kid can be the reason behind putting you in a situation of the fret.
Unlock Android Phone
If you have applied a difficult password to guess, then you will regret it at the moment. Anyhow, there are a number of methods that can guide you on how to unlock an Android phone lock screen password. Some of them are mentioned below:
Through Google Account
You can easily unlock the phone without the password through Google Account. For this purpose, you are going to require two things, your device and access to a Google Account that must be synced.
This is the only method that uses your Google Account in order to recover the lost passcode of your Android phone. Due to the interlinking of Google Account with a number of devices and applications, its integration always proves effective.
On the other hand, if you find it hard to know how to unlock an Android phone with no access to your Google Account, then you can skip this step. Google Account recovery method for the block screen password only works for the Android version 4.4 or lower versions.
So, let’s jump onto the method to unlock your Android phone through Google Account synchronization.
- Firstly, click on the Forgot Password and enter into a new menu.
- Secondly, sign in to your Google Account after entering your username and password.
When you signed in to your Google Account, you can have full access to your Android phone. You can now successfully unlock the phone without a password and reset it to a new secure passcode as well.
How to Unlock Android Phone, if you have entered the wrong Password?
If you accidentally end up locking your Android phone, then wait for a while until the timer on your lock screen runs out. Once the timer ends, you can try to unlock an Android phone with the help of the right passcode.
After 30 seconds of passcode timer, you can reset it through making 5 tries only in order to unlock your Android handset. But, if you have applied the wrong password again in these 5 tries, you will again end up locking your phone for hours or more.
On the other hand, if you cannot wait to unlock your phone, then you can go for your associated Google Account to unlock the phone without a password like mentioned before.
- Press on the Forgot my phone password in order to enter into the menu
- Then, click on Sign in to enter your Google Account details
- You can now easily unlock your device and reset the password
How to Unlock Password through Android Debug Bridge ADB?
Another method to unlock your device is with the help of the Android Debug Bridge ADB. You can use this new technique by providing the ADB commands. This is another way to unlock your smartphone. Make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging on your phone.
Follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- You must have installed the Android SDK tools in order to enable the smartphone to accept the commands of the Android Debug Bridge.
- Then, you have to check whether SDK and ADB are correct.
- If you have not confirmed it, just open the “platform-tools folder” and then add the command in the dialogue box
- Give a command of Shift + right-click then you can open the command window
- Now, in order to confirm the ADB setup, you can enter two commands in the window. Firstly, ADB version command to provide you with your ADB software. Secondly, ADB devices command to make sure that your device is connected to the PC.
- Furthermore, you have to enable the USB debugging in order to make this method work. However, you can boot into the recovery mode without USB debugging.
- Moreover, you have to mount your partition as well. All you have to go to the recovery settings and select Mounts and Storage and mount/ data.
- You can now proceed with the USB debugging on your device.
Commands for Unrooted Devices
There are two methods for the devices which are unrooted.
- For this purpose, connect your phone to the PC and enter the following commands in the cmd as mentioned below.
- DB shell
- sqlite3 settings.db
- update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autoblock’;
- update system set value=0 where name=’lock screen.lockedoutpermanently’;
After entering the aforementioned commands, you can now reboot your device. Check if the rebooting has reset your lock screen password or not. If it does not unlock the phone without a password, move on to another method.
- Open the command prompt while your phone remains connected to the PC. Enter the below-mentioned command and reboot your device one more time.
abd shell rm/data/system/gesture.key
Commands for Rooted Devices
For the devices which have already been rooted, you can enter the following commands, while your phone remains connected to the PC.
- ADB shell
- rm/data/system/lock settings.db
- rm/data/system/lock settings.db-wal
- rm/data/system/lock settings.db-shm
How to Unlock Android Phone / Registered Samsung Device without Password?
You can now easily unlock your Samsung phone if it has been registered at the Samsung site. You will be needing your Samsung smartphone, a registered Samsung account, and a PC to complete the whole process. Just follow simple steps and get your Samsung device unlocked in few seconds.
- Log in to your Samsung Account on your PC
- From the taskbar on the left side, select your Samsung device model
- Find the option to Unlock my screen and click on it to unlock your smartphone
Unlock your Android through dr.fone
If somehow you have ended up locking your smartphone, then the dr.fone app is here to save you in that situation. You can now easily remove the lock codes like forgot password, forgot the pattern, PIN, or even fingerprints through this application.
Moreover, you will be charged with $39.95 for this tool in order to use it on your computer. All you have to follow simple steps to complete the unlock process.
- Firstly, download the dr.fone from the website
- Secondly, launch this app on your PC and click on the Unlock button
- Thirdly, connect your smartphone to your computer through a USB cable. Press “Start” to proceed further.
- Once you connect your phone to the PC, all the information about your phone will appear on the screen. Click “Next” if the data is correct.
- In the end, you can boot the phone on a download mode. The Recovery package will be downloaded and removal of your password from the phone will begin.
- When the lock screen password gets removed, your phone will be unlocked. And this is how to unlock the phone without a password via dr.fone.
Unlock Phone without a Password by Booting into Safe Mode
The method of booting to remove the password from your phone will work if you have used a third-party app to lock the screen. This procedure allows you to disable the third-party app and helps you reset it effectively. Follow the simple steps and you are back to the unlock mode.
- Press the “Power off” button a little longer in order to reboot to the safe mode. Click “ok” to boot into Safe Mode.
- Now you can uninstall the app and you can also clear the data from your lock screen app. Then the next step is rebooting the phone again and your phone will be unlocked.
Unlock your Phone in Android 5 Version
Another method to break the lock screen password is valid for only the Android 5.0-5.11 version. It is a kind of an emergency situation savior to unlock your cell phone. If you have Android version 5 then follow the simple steps to know how to unlock an Android phone.
- Press on the Emergency Button and enter 1- asterisks (*)
- Next, you have to copy the 10 asterisks in the paste section until the option does not appear on the screen
- Go back to the locked screen and click on the camera icon
- Go to the settings option under the notification bar. Now you can see the option to enter a password. Repeat the same thing here until the lock screen password crashes.
Android Device Manager to Unlock Phone
Under this method of Android Device Manager, Find My Device of Google will be used. This method is a Remote Factory Reset process that not only removes the password from your lock screen but also clears the data from the phone.
So, if you want to remove your data from the phone via “Find my Mobile”, then you can go for this method otherwise, you can choose any other method. Follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Go to the Find My Device website on your PC
- From the options on the left side, select “Erase My Device”
- Once you confirm the “Erase My Device” option, your mobile phone will start a booting recovery procedure. A factory reset process will start and you cannot stop this process in the middle. Even if you turn off your phone, the procedure will continue.
Factory Reset Option For Forgot My Phone Password Problem
If nothing works in the “Forgot My Phone Password” case, then you can use this method as your last resort. All you have to need a PC, USB cable and your phone. Unfortunately, in such cases, it is hard to save all the data on your phone. However, you can use the following method to save your data.
- Connect your device with PC
- Then find your phone and open the folder on your PC
- Now save the files on your PC and copy your important data
Move on to resetting and unlocking your handset. Remember that this method is going to remove all the data from your mobile as well. So, follow the below-mentioned steps, if you are ready to reset your phone and erase your data from the device as well.
- Firstly, turn on your device and then move to the boot menu. Check it online, if you cannot find it.
- Secondly, for up and down movements, you can use the volume keys. Moreover, in order to confirm it, you can press the Power key.
- Then you can click on the option of wiping the data and factory reset.
- In the end, you will get the confirmation and your device will restart without the password.
In case you ever messed with your lock screen and end up forgetting the password, you can follow any of the above-mentioned methods. Feel free to add any other method in the comment section below.