Payoneer Account in Pakistan – How to Create in 2020
In a world of globalization where the barriers held no meaning when it came to cross-cultural businesses between companies and professionals, cross-border payment platforms became ever so important. Where PayPal took the lead in this regard and catered to the needs of countless across continents, Pakistan a developing South Asian country was left to ponder as to what to do since the services of PayPal were not available in the country. This is where Payoneer came in which is acceptable in more than 200 countries and over 150 currencies. This widely accessible network ensures easy, flexible, fast, and low-cost solutions to pay or receive money globally. Let’s Explore how to Activate Payoneer account in Pakistan & how to activate Payoneer Card in Pakistan
What is Payoneer?
Headquartered in New York City, Payoneer is a financial services company offering online money transferring solutions.
It has over 1500 employees based in over 21 global offices and serves over 5 million customers. It came to light as an alternative to PayPal, which is not present in some countries.
Inspired by the entrepreneurial spirit of its customers, Payoneer presents the freedom of money transfer facility over virtual accounts that saves a lot of time and hassle.
How to make a Payoneer account in Pakistan?
Making a Payoneer account is simple and easy. All you need to do is follow the listed steps below and you are good to go.
- From your web browser, open the official website of Payoneer i.e., www.payoneer.com
- Click on the ‘register’ tab in the window that opens up,
- Next, choose from a list of options explaining the work that you do. You can either select that you are a freelancer, online seller, digital marketeer, vacation rental host, or simply an individual.
- Then you would have to add your personal information such as your name, ID card details, date of birth or your address, etc
- Finally, you will be asked to provide your bank IBAN number and other relevant details.
Payoneer Registration in Pakistan
Once you have registered yourself on Payoneer as an individual or a company, you will be eligible to receive payments. You are given access to a virtual bank account and you will also get a Payoneer MasterCard shipped to your address within 2 weeks.
For registration, requirements include:
- Having a local bank account,
- Stating your residential address,
- Being at least 18 years old,
- A picture of your national identity card (CNIC), driving license, or even passport for verification purposes.
Payoneer card fees in Pakistan
Once you have registered yourself, then Payoneer card can be ordered for free but you will have to pay the service charges yearly which is $29.95.
While using your Payoneer MasterCard to withdraw payments using an ATM, $3 are charged per transaction. On cancellation of a transaction, $1 is charged every time. Other than this, local banks also charge a set fee for using their ATMs.
Payoneer charges in Pakistan
When withdrawing payment from your Payoneer account in Pakistan, standard charges of 3% per transaction and currency exchange fee is deducted. It is very costly and became a cause of trouble in the past when the users had no other option than to use specific ATMs for payment withdrawals.
There was also the problem of daily limits not being enough for some users. Though, now Payoneer users have the liberty of adding their Pakistani bank account details and requesting a withdrawal. It is comparatively cheaper and saves a lot of hassle.
How to get Payoneer MasterCard in Pakistan?
After you have registered yourself on Payoneer, you can get your Payoneer MasterCard shipped to your address in 2 weeks’ time approximately.
To order a card, all you need to do is
- log in to your online account and select settings.
- In the screen that follows, click on the card management tab
- then click on the ’order a card’ tab and simply follow the instructions.
Another way to order a card is to
- Click on the ‘order card’ tab located on the top-right of your screen, and then follow the instructions.
How to activate Payoneer Card in Pakistan?
- Activating your Payoneer card only takes a few minutes and can be done so easily by going online and logging into your Payoneer account.
- Select the account which you want to activate and if you have only one account then it would be selected automatically.
- Next, click on ‘to view your status and activate the account’ option. Once you have done that, keep your card in your hand because you would have to add your 16 digit card number there and choose a security PIN according to your liking.
- After all the required information is filled, and the account activated, you are good to go.
Which Bank supports Payoneer in Pakistan?
Pakistan has a lot of National and International Banks that are operational but not all of them support Payoneer withdrawal. Even their ATMs do not let you withdraw funds from your Payoneer MasterCard.
Still, there are a few that offer you these services across the country. Among them are
- Bank Alfalah
- Faysal Bank
- Habib Bank Limited (HBL)
- Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB)
- Samba Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank.
One can withdraw money from their Payoneer account through these banks and also use the services of ATMs of some of these banks to withdraw money using the Payoneer MasterCard.
How to load money on Payoneer Card in Pakistan?
Another important question that is frequently asked is how can one load money on a Payoneer card in Pakistan.
- To do so, log into your Payoneer account, and select the transactions tab that is located under the activity menu.
- You will find the option of loading your payment.
- It is to be kept in mind that once you have loaded the payment, it usually takes a few hours before the amount starts showing in your account.